Saturday 2 April 2016

Nothing in the House?

When you are so use to your parents (and by parents I mean your mum) making dinner for you, you are kind of stuck when you're on your own.

I asked my brother to pick me up some ribs from the Chinese take-away. I had a miserable walk home in the rain expecting some tasty ribs and when I got home ... nothing.

What to do?

Well, last Christmas (despite my awful cooking skills) I was allowed to make the sprouts and what I did was:

  • I boiled them for 5 mins
  • sliced then thinly 
  • and fried them in bacon bits
This took about 15 mins. Through it two slices of bread and butter and I got a SEMI-healthy supper that is very tasty. Even the people who hate sprouts loved them at Christmas. 

So there you go. You come in at 7:30 at night, soaking wet and there is nothing in the house, raid your freezer. 

No comments:

Post a Comment